January 9, 2014

John Green Books. (Review)

"How strange and lovely it is to be anything at all. -John Green"


       By now I am sure you have heard about the award winning author John Green. He is definitely worth all of the buzz. I personally have read all four of his books, but I have not yet read his collaborations. Here is a brief afterthought of each of the books.

The Fault In Our Stars.
This is unquestionably John's most famous book. It is a major tearjerker and will leave you with a renewed passion for life and living for others. As you probably know TFIOS will be made into a movie this year and, fingers crossed, it will be as spectacular as the piece. I don't want to give any spoilers, but there is an unexpected twist that leads to devastation; it did for me. Expect the worse, but remember that time heals.

Paper Towns.
If you are looking for a insane adventure this is for you. If you are into the cliche high school crushes, but sick of how unoriginal they all seem, then this will definitely put a spin on things for you. Or if you simply need some inspiration to be yourself, then Margo Roth Spiegelman will lead you in the right direction (or at least Pudge can tell you about -spoilers-). 

An Abundance of Katherines.
This book will bring out your inner geeky quirky side. Although it isn't much of a challenge to read, (for me) it made my head spin with new thoughts and information. I discovered so many random facts that the teenage prodigy, Colin, had been trained to memorize. There is also a humorous twist in it that is probably more of an oxymoron, but funny nonetheless. Warning: Will inspire you to be more adventurous. 

Looking for Alaska.
LfA is my favorite book by Green and my favorite book of all time (along with Good Enough by Paula Yoo). I will vouch for this being the best book by John Green but I know there is a lot of controversy on this topic, especially because TFIOS is doing so well in publicity. I read this on my birthday and spent the entire night bawling my eyes out. You should have heard me yelling and complaining about John Green. I even recall saying that If -spoilers- then I would send him hate mail every day of the next year. As it turns out I lied because even though -more spoilers- I ended up falling in love with the book. I wouldn't even ask for an alternate ending, but I do highly recommend this book for anyone. 

If you have read any of John Green's books then let me know what your favorite is  and why in the comment section. Until next time.

xoxo.
~Hanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!