January 31, 2014

Things I Have Been Loving. (January 2014)

Yay, we made it through the first month of the new year. Talk about an accomplishment. We still have time to drink up on our hot chocolate and hot tea, but if you're anything like me you'll still be having it in June. Speaking of drinks I have been addicted to smoothies lately. My seven year old cousin wanted me to try her blueberry-strawberry-pomegranate-blackberry-raspberry-mango-pineapple-peaches smoothie, that is a mouthful. Don't let the name scare you off. It's a fruit explosion. 
Ingredients:
1.5 cups of milk
Yoplait Light Fat Free Vanilla 6oz. Yogurt.
1/2 cup of mango, strawberry, pineapple, and peaches
1/2 cup of raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, pomegranate, and blackberries
(not a half cup each, only a half cup of the combination. I purchase them frozen in mixed fruit bags.)
Instructions: Add the milk and yogurt and one of the 1/2 cups of fruit and blend that, then add the other half and blend that.


If chapped lips have been a problem for you this winter then I recommend Burt's Bees Lip Balm. It works miracles. Without it I have a tendency to bite my lips off. My lips are now super soft. I also have Burt's Bees facial cleansing wipes and it removes all of my makeup without drying up my very sensitive skin. 


If you have not listened to James Arthur yet then I think you should look him up. I have had, "Recovery" on repeat. (I think I've listened to it two dozen times today.) He also won the UK X Factor in 2012 if that counts for something. His single, "You're Nobody 'til Somebody Loves You" is also phenomenal. I'm so excited that he has clashed genres of music to make something new, fun, and above all different. 


I'm quite sure you have seen several advertisements for Julep by now, I have four nail polishes by them, a couple of hair ties, and an eye shadow palette. The nail polish is about a 6.75/10. I found that it was really easy to mess up within the first 24 hours even with a very thin coat, but after that it lasted for about a week and a half with minimal chipping. The palette receives a 7/10. It goes on easily and there isn't very much fallout, but it did settle into my creases quite a bit. I have a very pink/pale skin tone and the colors were also a bit to yellow for me. I still use this product regularly though. 


On the subject of beauty I am absolutely in love with a nail polish that was given to me for Christmas. It's by Sally Hansen and the name is *drum roll* Mermaid's Tail. Finding a nail polish I like can be hard enough, but finding one I like with a fantastic name is just great. I've only had it on for a day so this isn't really a review, but I am really hoping it ends up being as grand as I want it to be. I know this color isn't for everybody, but I just think it is so mystique and literally like a Mermaid's Tail. 

Lastly I would like to throw in a short mention to my first dry shampoo. I don't know why I have always veered away from them, but for only $2.88 at the Walmart I couldn't really turn it down. I am quite impressed by how much I like it, especially for the price. It smells amazing and doesn't seem to weigh my hair down at all. I feel like I'm not wearing anything in my hair. I wouldn't say it last very long, but it will buy you a day.


 What have you been loving lately? January favorites? Lifetime favorites? 

xoxo.
~Hanna

3 comments:

Thank you for your comment!